In addition to Islamic lectures and Qur’an, NPR podcasts always have a place on my ipod.Â Every once in awhile, a good islam related story will come up and I’ll say, ooo, I gotta blog this.Â Alas, in one ear, out the other, and it’s soon forgotten.
Â Well, not today.Â Here’s a list of all the NPR pieces that I’ve been meaning to put up, but haven’t, and some that I came across while looking through the NPR website.Â One of the reasons I *heart* NPR is that it provides a wider range of stories and news coverage than the television media does, and the pieces they do are well researched and in depth.Â Â I’m only putting up the more “story” like pieces, as opposed to ones covering breaking news.
- Muslim Holiday Eid Keeps Texas Butcher BusyÂ – about a non muslim butcher who provides halal meat.
- Learning to Endure the HajjÂ – american muslims practice before making the hajj
- The Partisans of AliÂ – history of the shia in politics and faith
- Iraqi Radical Cleric Al-Sadr Studies for AyatollahÂ – looks like he’s following my study plan – books and cds.Â
- Comedy Troupe Mines the Humor in IslamÂ – the Allah Made me Funny brothers
- Plan Would Replace Cairo’s Calls to Prayer
- Zarqa Nawaz on ‘Little Mosque’
- Ellison to Take Oath on Thomas Jefferson’s Quran
To listen to:
- Did ‘Siege of Mecca’ Give Birth to Al-Qaida?
- Yaroslav Trofimov on the Siege of Mecca
- Clerics’ Letter: Signatories Show Global ‘Handshake’
- Imam’s ‘American Crescent’ Sheds Light on Muslim Culture
- A Biographical View of the Koran
- American Muslim Family Chooses Polygamy
- Two Mosques, Two Different Reactions in Germany
- Young Imam Serves as Islam’s Face to Community
- Sept. 11 Message Challenges Young Imam
- A Day in the Life of a Tireless Imam
- Muslim Leader Tells Personal Story of Religious Conversion
- Evangelicals, Muslims Have Milestone Meeting
- Walking the Faith Line with Eboo Patel
- Mosques Reflect on Padilla’s Islamic Education
- Asra Nomani, ‘Standing Alone’ with Muslim Women
- Prospect of Devout Muslim President Divides Turkey
- Documentary Examines Muslim Brotherhood
From Minnesota Public Radio (one of the awesomest local public radio stations in the country, and one of the few things that makes Minnesota livable)
- Muslim women confront clash of culturesÂ
- Breaking the Ice: Muslims and the MediaÂ
- Islam and the West
- Celebrating Ramadan in Minnesota