- The author is right – they’re not really like their fried cousins, but are tasty in their own way
- They were almost more like bagels without the harder crust, and were a bit denser than the fried variety. I wonder if I let them rise more, if they’d be fluffier?
- I don’t use nutmeg, so I substituted cinnamon in the recipe. I may try it another time with alcohol free vanilla extract.
- I think they’d be really tasty with butter cream frosting. Ooo, also powdered sugar. Mmmm.
- Use metal cookie cutters. All I had in multiple sizes were some (obviously) heart shaped plastic cookie cutters. Definitely weren’t sharp enough to cut through the dough, so I used them to press in the lines and then cut them with scissors. Yeah, that didn’t turn out too well.
- Next time, I probably won’t use salted butter to dip them in before sugaring them.