I was tagged a few weeks back, and bad blogger that I am, I have been putting it off. I was going to do something well thought out, like 7 things I’d like to do with my life, but instead, here are just 7 random things I’m thinking about:
1. I’ve finally gotten around to seeing the movie Food Inc. and OMGoodness, it’s amazing! I’ve already added it to my birthday wish list. AbuS and I are watching it in 15 minute chunks (all the time I can spare these days), and we’re learning a lot. The husband finally understands what I’ve been babbling about these last few years in terms of natural foods, factory farms, franken foods, etc etc etc. I’ve even got a tentative agreement that we’ll start buying organic and get a CSA share. The movie was so convincing, I’ve also almost got him to agree that we should seek out a local farmer that raises grass fed, organic, sustainable animals to work out a zabiha slaughter deal. Alhamdulilah!
2. The key to losing weight is to convince yourself that it feels better to see the numbers on the scale move downward than to eat that big, greasy slice of pizza.
3. I love cookbooks. My idea of a good time is to pick up a new cookbook and read it cover to cover. I brought the New Vegetarian Epicure on the bus with me this morning for a re-read.
4. I like dhikr beads. A lot. AbuS does not.
5. I miss sugar. And soda. Ohhhh, pepsi.
6. On that note, one of my regrets in life is that I didn’t have a ham sandwich one last time before I converted. And a big ol pile o bacon.
7. Can you tell I’m obsessing about food? Just a little bit? But, gotta keep telling myself, it feels better to lose weight than to eat those scrambled eggs and hashbrowns. Oatmeal good, hashbrowns, not so good. Losing 4 lbs so far, very good.
And now, dear blurkers, tell me 7 things about you. Yes, I am tagging my blurkers :)