First (and foremost):
Sitting smugly atop her kill after a rousing game of catch the feathers on the stick that are suppose to look like a bird but really don’t. Ignore the weird eye glare things from the flash if you please.
Second, I’m off on the grand tour of wisconsin next week to visit family and friends, and thus will not be posting much – not that anyone will probably be able to tell, as I haven’t been posting very regularly as it is. In addition to my grandma, and my immediate family (including my sister, who’s flying in from DC, yaay), I’ll be having the opportunity to meet not one, but two internet buddies, sabiwabi of oyhabibti and Terrie from VJ. Mayhem, hilarity and running amok is sure to ensue.
I also have quite a menu planned to cook for my parents and grandma. Since I’ve gotten so incredibly picky with my food to the point where it isn’t funny (halal, humane, all natural, etc etc etc), I’ll just cook copious amounts of food so I don’t have to cause awkward situations when offered x, y and z to eat. Here’s what I’m thinking:
- vegetarian chili
- coconut red lentil soup
- eggs baked with spinach and feta in a tomato shell
- with the insides of the tomatos from the above recipe (plus a few more), I thought I’d make a homemade italian spaghetti sauce, probably with anchovies, served over whole wheat pasta
- some kind of bengali fish curry, served over brown rice
- my whole wheat pot bread
- summer squash and red bell tarta
- some kind of bean salad, made with some white bean + lots of veggies and a homemade vinegrette dressing
- cassoulet, but made without any meat, maybe served as a side dish to grilled salmon.
- whole wheat pancakes served with real maple syrup
- some kind of rhubarb dessert, possibly rhubarb upside down cake