- in retrospect, going to the grocery store with half the twin cities on Friday was not a bad idea. Much better then having no food in the house and being forced to eat plain whole wheat noodles, ful and any of the other assorted dried legumes we have stocked. Perhaps I should keep a few cans of fruit, vegetables, and fish in stock for the next time we’re snowed in.
- AbuS had a meeting with mormons at the downtown library saturday morning (he’s one of those crazy people, when evangelists knock on the door is like “come on in!”). Library closed at 1. Didnt’ get a bus until 3. Bus took an hour to make the normally 20 minute trip, and then got stuck a few hundred yards from our house. AbuS got out and swam home. Bus was still stuck 6 hours later.
- Neighbor had to go somewhere Saturday night, so dug out his car – and put all the snow in a 6 ft high mound behind ours. Thanks.
- Took AbuS and I more than an hour to dig our car out on Sunday, with the windchill well below 0. This photo was taken halfway through Saturday. Imagine if you will, the snow all the way up to the windows after much more snow and blowing and drifting. That’s what we had to dig out of on Sunday.
- The roof of the metrodome collapsed under the weight of the snow. Take that Vikings, bwahaha. Of course, if they use this as an excuse to suck even more blood out of me for yet another new stadium, I’m going to be pissed.
- I of course, spent the weekend cuddling with my BFK and reading. And speaking of reading, if you’re interested in what I waste my time doing, I created a new page to log the books I read.